Design2Fab® sheet metal layout software makes it easy to create HVAC duct, mechanical, kitchen, industrial, roofing, and other specialty fitting layouts. Engineered to dramatically reduce the time it takes to develop and lay out flat patterns, Design2Fab gives sheet metal fabricators, HVAC shops, and MEP contractors the ability to create complex custom fitting layouts in minutes, rather than hours. Design2Fab also helps ensure perfect fit-up when installing parts in the field, contributing to increased productivity and lower operating costs – so you’ll be able to accomplish more, while increasing profitability...Try it free for 7 days.
The Hypertherm difference
Brought to you by the cutting experts with 50 years of experience and more than 160 cutting technology related patents to their name.
Ease of use
Even a beginner to the sheet metal trade can immediately start making fittings with a complete range of templates.
Export patterns to DXF for automated cutting, export to HPGL for printing to a plotter, or lay out patterns manually using XY or triangulation points.
Design2Fab is the only software offering integration to Hypertherm ProNest® nesting software, delivering SureCut™ technology.
Unlimited technical support
Access to Hypertherm’s tech service engineers is included at no additional charge.
Comprehensive fitting design
- Extensive fittings library with unlimited customization
- 3D view verification of fittings
- 2D layout view of pattern fitting
Choice of output
- DXF export for nesting and automated cutting
- HPGL export for printing and manual cutting
Simplified job set-up
- Job manager for multi-level zones
- Copy fitting or zone
- Fully customizable shop standards
- Based on SMACNA and DIN standards
- Custom seam and joint types
- Custom list of liners, wrap, sealant, stiffeners, vanes, and hangers
- Shear list – blank sizes calculated
- Fitting list – quick list of fittings in job
- Detail list – shop ticket format shows fitting, details, and dimensions
- Cleat list – lists cleats to fabricate and organizes them by type, size, etc.
- Liner list – lists lining to cut for fabricated parts by type, size, and dimension for each pattern piece
Internet connectivity required for subscription license
1.3 GHz processor or faster (3 GHz recommended)
4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
VGA display with at least 256 colors and a resolution of 1024 x 768
1 GB available disk space
Microsoft® Windows® operating system
Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows 7 (SP1) (32-bit or 64-bit OS)
Manuals and documents
CAD/CAM software family brochure